History of Micky Ha Ha

In 1999, Catherine Hovenbitzer struggled to find a safety product that prevented eight-month-old son, Micky, from pulling on dangling power cords. In two or three tugs Micky had the cord out, leaving an active and exposed power point.

Casualty admissions of children suffering electrical shock injuries from power points are alarmingly high. According to the Victorian Emergency Minimum Dataset, over 70 per cent of electrocutions for 0 to 9 year olds occur under the age of 5.

With no product to completely restrict access to power points, Cath developed the Power Point Safety Cover called Micky Ha Ha, preventing children from accessing power cords and switches.

An earth leakage device fails to eliminate potential electrical injuries, only reducing the intensity of the shock, and even a minor shock can cause serious injury or result in distress to children and parents.

Micky Ha Ha aims to help eliminate electrical shocks with a product that prevents accidental emergencies from objects finding their way into power points.

Picture of young mother hugging two little children, closeup portrait of happy family, cute brunette female with daughter and son outdoor in spring time, smiling faces, happiness and love concept